Face-to-face courses are up and running again!
Monday 21st March 2022 – RCoA London
Autumn 2022 – RCoA, London
Please email Jodie at firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the mailing list.
Aims and Format of the course:
The overall aim of the course is to provide a practical introduction to the practice of anaesthesia in the developing world. The course is suitable for anyone planning, or even just thinking about going to work in the developing world, from junior trainees through to senior consultants. The course will be made up of a mixture of lectures, small group sessions and hands on experience and will cover the following areas:
- Introduction to draw over anaesthesia
- Practical use of Ketamine in the field
- Hands-on equipment sessions (draw over circuits, oxygen concentrators etc.)
- Obstetric anaesthesia
- Paediatric anaesthesia
- How to organise your time away and get it recognised
- Problem solving in the field
- Recent experience from the field
The course is taught by an experienced faculty of consultants, with some senior trainees, who between them have extensive experience of working in the developing world. Specialised equipment is provided by Diamedica UK.
A sample programme from previous courses can be found in the downloads section.